15 June 2014

Norman Rockwell's Grave, Stockbridge, MA

Norman Rockwell's and his wives' memorial in Stockbridge Cemetery, Massachusetts.

'NORMAN ROCKWELL
FEBRUARY 3. 1894...NOVEMBER 8, 1978
HIS WIFE
MARY RHODES BARSTOW
NOVEMBER 26, 1907... AUGUST 25, 1959
HIS WIFE
MARY PUNDERSON (MOLLY)
SEPTEMBER 15, 1896...JULY 20, 1985.'



The link below is to a post I made a few years ago on my visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
The Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, MA

5 comments:

Sweet Stuff Bakeshop said...

Where in the cemetery is Norman Rockwell's grave? I have searched the cemetery several times and cannot find it!

Dr Tony Shaw said...

That's a good question, as we had problems at first! I don't think anyone can miss the Sedgwick Pie, but it's beyond that. If you look at the cemetery on Googlemaps on the corner of Main and Church, it's vaguely to the north-west of that green area. But the CRUCIAL thing is that's it's on its own in an enclosed hedge, and there aren't too many of those. Best of luck: let me know if you've found it - it's really not difficult!

Sweet Stuff Bakeshop said...

Thank you! It's raining tonight, but I will get over there tomorrow and give it another go. I'll let you know if I find it!

Sweet Stuff Bakeshop said...

I found it! Thank you so much for the directions.

Dr Tony Shaw said...

I'm very glad you found it, and pleased to be of help!