15 August 2014

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry in Québec city

'Je me souviens' ('I remember') is the province of Québec's motto, and I believe that all number plates bear it. Clearly, this motto is the inspiration behind the title of the series of commemorative plaques 'Les Gens de Québec se souviennent' ('The People of Québec Remember') in Québec city, and I'll be posting a number of the ones that caught my interest. A few are a little blurred because of the distance I had to shoot them from.

This one is on 25 de la rue Sainte-Geneviève and records Saint-Exupéry's stay. Inevitably, Le Petit Prince is mentioned, although it's unfortunate that this is his only book mentioned:

'ICI SÉJOURNA
EN 1942, DANS LA FAMILLE DE KONINCK,
Antoine de
SAINT-EXUPÉRY
(1900–1944)
AUTEUR DU PETIT PRINCE'


No comments: